SES Water will be carrying out a series of road work schemes in Edenbridge to replace water main pipes that have reached the end of their operational life – some of the pipes dating back to pre-1930s. This will help to protect water supplies for now and in the future, while reducing the risk of leaks or bursts.
The work is expected to take place between 19 February 2024 to November 2024.
SES Water says: “We’re sorry for any disruption this might cause, but to safely connect the new pipe to our network, we need to put various forms of traffic management in place.”
Road closures – February to November
The work will take place on the following three roads:
- Lingfield Road – closed from 19 February 2024 to September 2024 *update: to end of July 2024*
- Springfield Road – closed from 29 April 2024 to October 2024
- Stangrove Road – closed from 8 July 2024 to November 2024
Each road will need to be closed for the duration of the work for the safety and wellbeing of SES staff and other road users. Diversion routes will be in place and SES Water will ensure the easternmost section of Lingfield Road is cleared of any traffic management prior to the commencement of any closure along Stangrove Road.
PLEASE NOTE – these dates may be subject to some change as the trial holes (see further information below) will dictate the exact timings.
TRIAL HOLES & ROAD CLOSURES – JANUARY
Before the work commences, SES will be digging ‘trial holes’ to determine the exact route the water main pipe will run, avoiding other utilities in the ground, and helping to reduce disruption later in the scheme.
In total, four trial holes will be dug, with each requiring two-way traffic lights to be in place on the following dates:
- 6 & 7 January 2024 – working between 125 and 91 Lingfield Road
- 13 January 2024 – working between 125 and 91 Lingfield Road
- 14 January 2024 – working between 71 and 45 Lingfield Road
For further information visit https://seswater.co.uk/edenbridge