A new health and wellbeing centre – to be called Edenbridge Memorial Health Centre, as chosen by over 900 residents – is planned to open in Edenbridge in late-autumn 2023.
The development provides a 2,180 square metre of clinical and community space, along with parking and landscaping. Services planned include a GP practice, outpatient services, minor injury unit, x-ray services, therapies and social prescribing.
The partners in this project are Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust, Edenbridge Medical Practice and Kent and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (formerly West Kent Clinical Commissioning Group). Edenbridge Town Council has been very supportive of this scheme and awarded £200,000 of CIL money towards the project.
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust has a dedicated webpage to keep people updated on the project’s progress. Details include the timeline for the project as well as Questions & Answers.
PUBLIC LISTENING EVENTS
Edenbridge residents are being asked how the community space could be used by community and voluntary groups. There will be a public meeting, online listening events, a mini-roadshow around the town and an online survey for people to get involved with and share feedback:
- Public meeting on Saturday, 4 March at the Eden Centre, 10am to 12noon.
- Online meeting, 6.30 to 8pm, Wednesday, 8 March via Zoom.
- Drop in at the Eden Centre,10am to 12noon and 1 to 3pm, Thursday 9 March.
- Drop in at the Eden Centre,10am to 12noon and 1 to 3pm, Thursday, 16 March.
- Join the wellbeing bus in Waitrose car park, between 11am and 4pm on Friday, 17 March.
- Online meeting, 11am to 12.30pm, Friday, 17 March via Zoom.
- Join the wellbeing bus in Waitrose car park, between 11am and 4pm on Wednesday, 22 March.
MEMORIAL GARDEN DESIGN CONSULATION
On Saturday 3 December members of the public were invited to see plans for the Memorial Garden. The chosen landscape architect was present with a couple of potential designs and listened to comments in order to produce a final design that incorporates the views of the town. The aim is to create a beautiful space for all to enjoy.