For a copy of the presentation at the Annual Town Meeting (2020) on flood area around Edenbridge and the River Eden click here.
Following recent flooding events from storms across the United Kingdom, residents and businesses across Sevenoaks District are encouraged to be prepared for flooding before any further severe weather occurs:
- regularly check road or surface water drains near your property are not blocked. If they are, use the Kent County Council “Report a Problem” tool to get it cleared https://www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/report-a-problem
- if there are any water courses that are blocked or partly blocked with rubbish or weeds, report it to the Environment Agency via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03708 506506
- Sevenoaks District Council will only provide sandbags to residents in emergency situations. Unfortunately with flash flooding events it is normally too late to stop flooding reaching your property. It is wise to have enough sandbags or floodsacks ready when there is a threat of flooding – bags of sand and flood sacks can be bought from DIY stores or off the internet.
- the Kent Prepared website offers advice on how you can protect your home or business, including a “personal flood plan” template, and links to Environment agency documents: https//www.kentprepared.org.uk/flooding
- register with Floodline to receive the latest information for your area during a flood by calling 03459 881188