Are you interested in finding out whether there is a Neighbourhood Watch scheme running near you, or perhaps you are keen to set up a new scheme?
There a number of schemes currently operating in Edenbridge – to learn more, or to set up a new scheme, please email the NHW Liaison Officer: email@example.com
What is Neighbourhood Watch?
Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) is a partnership between the police, community safety departments, and above all, individuals and families who wish to make their neighbourhoods better places to live.
Each scheme has a coordinator – it is their responsibility to act as the main point of contact within their scheme, to share information and to encourage members to circulate and implement crime prevention advice (provided by the police) and report suspicious incidents.
NHW scheme objectives include:
• Reducing crime and the opportunities for crime
• Helping and reassuring those who live in fear of crime
• An increased sense of community.
• Helping to improve the local environment
Register a new scheme
A NHW scheme doesn’t have to take up much time and can cover just the street/road/close you live in, or a whole village! It’s completely up to the coordinator.
When you have registered an interest in setting up a scheme, your NHW Liaison Officer will provide you with a welcome pack with some suggestions on how to get started.
You will receive:
• A template NHW invitation to distribute to local households
• A template welcome letter for new members
• A NHW Members Guide
• Top tips for running a NHW scheme
• How to set up a NHW WhatsApp group