What We Do & Contacts

Useful numbers and contacts, including mental health links and useful organisations and agencies, follows on from what Edenbridge Town Council is responsible for:

Edenbridge Town Council consists of 15 Councillors elected from the two wards of the parish. Council meetings are usually held on the second Monday of every month. Various other committee meetings generally take place on Mondays.

The Town Council is responsible for management of:
– The four Cemetery sections
– Parks and playgrounds (Blossoms Park; Marsh Green; Recreation Ground; Mowshurst and Millennium Wood; Spitals Cross; Stangrove Park)
– Other Open Spaces and many of the local sporting facilities in the parish.
– Allotments
– Car parks and public toilets
– Community Warden
– Rickards Hall and Hall hire facilities
– Thursday Charter Market
– Making representations on all Edenbridge Planning matters
– Maintain approximately half of the town’s streetlighting
– Tourism website – visitedenbridge
– Emergency Planning Committee

It is provides a local information point and is the local contact point for reporting street light faults, and for the purchase of black, clear and garden refuse sacks.

What the Council owns
Local Town Guide
Council Newsletters

Contact Sevenoaks District Council for queries on:

Council Tax
Rubbish, recycling & garden waste collection
Planning and building control
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
Voting and elections

Kent County Council is responsible for highways, street lights and pavements.

Report a fault is the Kent County Council Highways reporting tool for highways issues on the highway or footpaths such as potholes, overgrown vegetation, damaged kerbs, footpaths and verges, which you come across in the county. Using the Report a fault site you will be able to check on the progress of your report and any work being undertaken.

Nearby local councils
Westerham Town Council 01959 562147
Hever Parish Council 01732 865547
Chiddingstone Parish Council 01892 740753
Cowden Parish Council 07387 768123
Sundridge with Ide Hill Parish Council 07495 962372
Sevenoaks Town Council 01732 459953

Kent Police
In an emergency, dial 999
For all non-emergency calls, dial 101 calls cost 15p
Here you can report crimes, issues and incidents (non-Emergency)

Your nearest Police Station

Your Team:
Police Sergeant: Kevin Savill
A/Chief Inspector: Mark Stubberfield
PCSOs: Samuel Rustrick; Hannah Rainbow
You can email the policing team

Action Fraud provide loads of information around a subject that cause concern and can be used to report such as post, phone, email scams.

Utilities emergency numbers
South East Water: 0333 000 0365
UKPN 0800 31 63 105
Floodline 0345 988 1188
South Gas Networks (SGN) 0800 111 999

Sevenoaks District Council  01732 227000 to report the following:
  • dangerous structures; dangerous trees
  • flooding and other major emergencies
  • noise; licensing issues; fumes; and other emergency environmental health complaints.

EDENBRIDGE – need support, advice, meet new people.  Here are some useful support networks:

FOOD BANK – (now under the Trussell Trust)  Website: https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/edenbridge/ Contact: info@edenbridge.foodbank.org.uk or call 07756 238063

Reachout run by Mental Heath Resource – now meets weekly click here to find your local group and more information.

CREATIVE MINDS and WELLBEING GROUPS run by West Kent Minds – click here for website.

BRIDGES CENTRE, High Street, Edenbridge
PLACE OF WELCOME – Fridays 2-4 pm –  This is an opportunity for the community to join in with the activities on offer, such as cooking on a budget, nurturing your own wellbeing or participating in a new craft.
Café and lunches open Fridays 9.30 am – 2 pm
Click here for information on weekday groups and here for its website.

Forget-me-not Cafes operate in the district and run a number of helpful sessions. They provide support and companionship to those in the Sevenoaks area who are recognising issues with their memory or cognition as well as their carers, family and friends.   Click here 

WEST KENT ‘MUMS MATTER’ – click here for details

RECONNECT – helping Kent’s children and young people to get back to enjoying activities and opportunities post Covid-19. Click here for information of activities and events, and useful support.

MIND – 0300 123 3393
SAMARITANS – 116 123 (24 hours)
MAYTREE – sanctuary for suicide – 020 7263 7070 – open 8 am – 8 pm
PAPYRUS – Prevention of young suicide – 0800 068 41 41 open everyday 9 am – midnight
CALMZONE – webchat or call 0800 58 58 58

Your Local Services
booklet is maintained by SDC – for a current copy click here. You can find details on contacts for adult health, debit advice, dementia cafes, family support services, housing and homelessness, wellbeing and much more.

Registry Office Near Me https://www.registryofficesnearme.com

Find out more…

Edenbridge Town Guide
Visitor Information
Parks & Playgrounds
Public Toilets
Recycling Bags
Community Centres and Village Hall