Kent County Council (KCC) has launched a public consultation on its Community Services, which runs until 26 March 2023.
The consultation proposes changes to the way it uses buildings to deliver some of its community services. Your feedback on the proposals is sought as part of this consultation.
Why is KCC proposing changes?
The Council has experienced big increases in costs and has less money to spend. So KCC needs to look ahead and do things differently to make sure it can still help residents in the years to come. Whilst ensuring effective support for residents who need the services, KCC needs to:
- tackle the rising costs of maintaining its many buildings
- find savings, so the Council can balance the budget
- reduce the Council’s carbon footprint to meet its Net-Zero ambitions.
What services are included in the proposals?
Children’s Centres and Youth Hubs, Public Health Services for Children and Families, Community Services for Adults with Learning Disabilities, Community Learning and Skills, and Gateways.
What are the proposals?
- Having fewer permanent buildings, meaning that some of the Council’s buildings would close – KCC want sto keep buildings in areas where they are needed the most
- co-locating more of the Council’s services, meaning more than one service would be available from some of the buildings you might visit
- continuing to deliver some services by outreach, which means they do not take place in a dedicated or permanent space, but move around to when and where they are needed
- ensuring residents can continue to access services and information online.
KCC’s proposals have been designed by considering where there is greatest need for its services.
Find out more and share your views
Please visit www.kent.gov.uk/communityservicesconsultation to view the consultation document, design handbooks, a video summarising the proposals, and the Equality Impact Assessments. You can respond via the online questionnaire (or download the Word version). You can also joint a drop-in event where you can ask any questions you may have. Details of the drop-in sessions can be found below. If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.