Edenbridge Town Council is committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy. These policies explains what happens to any personal data you provide to us, or we collect from you when you contact us, or whilst you visit our websites. We update these policies from time to time, so please do review them regularly.
The Council has two privacy notices, a General Privacy Notice and one specifically for Staff, Councillors and Role Holders
Please click here to view our General Privacy Notice General Privacy Statement
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice for Staff, Councillors and Role Holders Privacy Statement Staff and Councillors
For a copy of the Council’s Consent forms please click below
Information that we collect when you use our Websites
In running and maintaining our websites we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “setting” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our work.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or other work.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services.
Storing your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the Internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via the contact page