Following the terrible incident on Sunday 14 November in Liverpool, we are all being asked to stay vigilant and to report anything of concern. Let’s help each other to stay safe.
KEY MESSAGES & CALL TO ACTION (CTA)
We are encouraging everyone to:
- Stay alert and report anything that doesn’t look right to gov.uk/ACT, easily and in confidence.
- Trust your instincts and ACT. You won’t be wasting our time.
We are encouraging businesses to:
- To use CTP’s resources to increase vigilance around terrorism.
- Speak to the police about any concerns they have.
Cross cutting key message:
- Defeating terrorism requires a collective community effort, where the police and public come together to help keep the country safe safe. This cooperation is a powerful defence against terrorism. Communities Defeat Terrorism.
- You are not wasting the police’s time. Any piece of information could be important, it is better to be safe and report. You won’t ruin lives, but you might save them. Trust your instincts and ACT. Communities Defeat Terrorism.
Headline Call to action: [For the public and businesses to stay vigilant]
- If you see something that doesn’t look right, report in confidence at gov.uk/ACT. You won’t be wasting our time. Communities Defeat Terrorism.
- In an emergency always call 999.
Call to action – hierarchy of messaging:
- If you see something that doesn’t look right, report it online at gov.uk/ACT.
- In an emergency always call 999