Edenbridge Cemetery in Church Street is maintained and managed by the Town Council as the Burial Authority. All inquiries about burials, ashes interments, and memorial work should be made to the Deputy Clerk at the council’s office before any arrangements are finalised 01732 865368.
Local funeral directors have copies of the necessary application forms, and these are also available from the office.
Over the years the Cemetery has been progressively extended, certain parts are now full. The oldest section (Cemetery One) dates from 1905. The burial ground was extended eastward in the 1940s this section (Cemetery Two) includes a small section of War Graves, maintained on behalf of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
The Lawn Cemetery section (Cemetery Three) was opened in the late 1970s with the Ashes Lawn and associated Wall of Remembrance added in 2000, the most recent extension was laid out in 2014.
The Town Council also maintains the Churchyard around the parish church of St Peter and St Paul, formally Closed for burials in 1992. Any inquiries regarding Churchyard records should be made to the church parish office 01732 862258